Great skin is not simply a matter of DNA — your daily habits, in fact, have a big impact on what you see in the mirror. When you finally realize this, putting together the most effective regimen may have you overwhelmed, one trip to the skincare aisle could have you dazed and confused. With so many options, where do you begin? Start here with this 4 step simple skin care routine to give you skin clear in no time.
Simple Skin Care Routine with Only Four Steps
Think of your skin-care face routine as consisting of four main steps:
- Cleanse — Cleans daily dirt, oil, pollutants away and balances skin. Try our Revitalizing Cleanser.
- Serum – Targets specific skin condition you would like to see change in. Our Vitamin C Brightening Serum is perfect for remedying skin concerns.
- Moisturize — Hydrating and softening to the skin. Use our simple yet effective Hydrating Lotion.
- SPF – Sunscreen protects skin and prevents further damage. Try our Tinted Sunscreen with SPF 30.
The goal of any skin-care routine product is to improve your complexion so it’s functioning to its best while also troubleshooting or targeting any specific conditions that may be bothering you. As your skin needs shifts with age, you may need to shift your routine, there is no “cookie cutter” answer or “one size fits all” when it comes to skincare. This four-step simple skin care routine will balance, fortify and target your skin needs, even when you make changes to the products you use as your skin needs change.
Determine Your Specific Skin Care Routine Products
One of the first steps on the road to building a skincare routine is determining your skin type. Different skin types have varying needs. Oily skin types may be more concerned with mattifying ingredients, as opposed to dry skin types that need thick and rich moisturizers.
One easy way to determine your skin type is to observe your skin throughout the day. Is your skin shiny and oily by lunchtime, or dry and flakey in the morning? Whatever the case, these characteristics are indicative of your skin type.
- Oily skin: Skin that looks shiny due to an overproduction of oil.
- Dry skin: Skin with dry and flakey areas that may feel tight.
- Sensitive skin: Skin with red and irritated areas that are typically painful to the touch.
- Combination skin: Skin that has a combination of oily and flakey areas.
Simple Skin Care Routine
The science behind skincare routine products has come a long way but there’s still no such thing as an instant fix, you need time to reap the benefits, results are only seen through consistent use.Generally, aim to use a product over at least six weeks, once or twice daily, to notice a difference.Remember the more you jump from product to product, the longer it will take to see results.
Tip: With any skin-care product, apply in order of consistency — from thinnest to thickest. For example, cleanser, serum, moisturizer and finishing with SPF.
If there is one certainty among the many, many uncertainties in our world right now, it is this: Taking the time to care for ourselves should no longer be considered an indulgence, or even a luxury. Rather, for so many reasons, it's a necessity. So jump in – take our customized skin quiz, we can help you with your journey to a balanced, healthy and helpful face routine!